28.10.08

dvd menu assignment: phase one

For our next assignment, we're to create a working dvd menu. The first part of this task was to make the background image and buttons we'll be using in our menu.


From the feedback I received, I think most of my classmates felt the layout was well balanced and easy to understand. Most, with a few exceptions, liked the use of color, though some thought too much color was used and others thought too much black. Many felt that the font (Helvetica) was too simple/bland. Some noted the cropping of the two squares in the bottom left corner.

For the final project, I plan to rethink the color scheme, create a custom typeface for the titles, and eliminate the cropping of the two squares in the corner. I'd also like to think of a better title.

No comments:

Post a Comment